Tigers, also known as Panthera Tirgris
- The tiger is the largest member of the cat family and is renowned for its power and strength.
- Tigers are capable of killing animals over twice their size. That’s why they are one of nature’s most feared predators.
With unique murky stripes spread out all over their body, the big cat can reach a length of up to 3.3 meters and weigh as much as 360 kilograms.
- Unlike other cats, tigers are good swimmers and can swim up to 6 kilometers.
- Tigers can reach speeds up to 65 kilometers per hour.
- They can leap distances of over 6 meters and jump up to 5 meters vertically.
- They are capable of residing in almost any weather condition and can stretch their lifespan to about 26 years while in captivity.
- A tiger’s legs are so powerful that they can remain standing even when dead.
- Tigers are completely blind for the first week of their life.
- They are solitary creatures and usually hunt alone at night time.
- The home range of a tiger can be up to 60-100 sq. km for hunting.
- Tigers have very diverse diets as they feed on deer, antelopes, wild boars, and buffalos. They also feed on a variety of birds, fish, rodents, small * elephants, rhinos, crocodiles, and even leopards.
- An interesting fact about tigers is that they do not gobble up their entire prey in just one night rather they continue to overcome their desire for food as and when required. As a result, even a single prey may take several days to get finished.
- As far as continents are concerned, tigers are restricted to Asia only. Various tiger subspecies are found in the jungles of Bangladesh, India, North Korea, South Korea, and Malaysia.
- There were once nine subspecies of tigers. However, today only six are left. It has been estimated that the last remaining subspecies of tigers could become extinct in the wild in as little as fifteen years.
In today’s time, tigers are at risk of poaching and losing their natural habitat. The government has taken an initiative regarding the protection of tigers, by building National Parks for them. One of the famous National Parks is at Tadoba. Tadoba National Park has got the best resort in Tadoba for those who want to visit the place to view the tigers.
Visit us www.tadobatigerkingresort.com